- Who’s more dominant: They are both pretty dominant. Garrett tends to let her do her own thing unless it’s something he feels is important or he thinks she’s doing something dangerous.
- Who’s the cuddler: Both are Garrett tends to be more demonstrative.
- Who’s the big spoon/little spoon: Garrett big spoon/Verity the little spoon
- What’s their favorite non-sexual activity: Taking a stroll along the beach and talking. They both love the water finding it soothes them when they have something bothering them.
- Who uses all the hot water: Garrett he likes to take long hot showers after comes home from his daily run and swim.
- Most trivial thing they fight over: They’re both pretty easy going so they don’t fuss over the little stuff. They do fight over Verity’s need to keep secrets from him but that’s not a trivial concern and causes major problems in their relationship.
- Who does most of the cleaning: Verity does the most since she works from most of the time gathering intel on clients. Garrett helps clean up after himself and the baby.
- What has a season pass on their dvr/Who controls the netflix queue: Garrett does most of the TV watching but not enough to warrant having a dvr or netflix account.
- Who calls up the super/landlord when the heat’s not working: Neither they own their home and if Garrett can’t fix it Verity calls the repairman.
- Who leaves their stuff around: Neither. They’re both pretty neat.
- Who remembers to buy the milk: It depends on her is out and about when they need something. Garrett probably does most of the shopping and errands since Verity has been preoccupied with a case she’s been working on.
- Who remembers anniversaries: Garrett does. Verity has a tendency to forget things when she’s working a case.
- Who cooks normally: Verity does most of the cooking when she’s not preoccupied with a case. Otherwise it’s takeout and fast food. Sometimes they even hazard eating Garrett’s attempts at cooking.
- How often do they fight: It’s becoming more often then they would like. It all goes to the case Verity is working on and the secrets she’s been keeping.
- What do they do when they’re away from each other: Garrett exercises and tries to figure out a way to get Verity over her obsession with the case she can’t let go of. It’s hard because he know’s why she’s obsessed with it but he worries it’ll tear them apart. Verity spends most if not all of her time working the case she’s obsessed with.
- Nicknames for each other: other than sweetie, honey, dear and things like that they don’t have nicknames for each other.
- Who is more likely to pay for dinner: Garrett always pays. He’s the one who get’s hungry and orders the food.
- Who steals the covers at night: Verity does. She likes to feel all snuggly warm and secure in Garretts arms inside all the blankets.
- What would they get each other for gifts: If they could afford it Verity would get Garrett a home gym so he wouldn’t have to go out for his daily run. She worries something will happen to him while he’s out. Garrett’s idea of a gift would be to give his wife peace of mind so that she could give up her obsession with the case and move on with her life.
- Who kissed who first: Technically it was Verity when Garrett was unconscious in the hospital.
- Who made the first move: Garrett did but he was a senior in high school and Verity squashed his attempts because he was younger than her. It wasn’t until after he was almost killed that she realized her feelings for him and that age didn’t matter. Which was also the start of her obsession.
- Who remembers things: Garrett does simply because Verity is too preoccupied with other things.
- Who started the relationship: Garrett did but Verity insist it was her because she doesn’t count his attempts while he was still in school.
- Who cusses more: I think it’s pretty even both have to be pretty upset to cuss.
- What would they do if the other one was hurt: Garrett would take care of Verity. Verity would make sure Garrett had the best care while she hunted down the cause or person who hurt him.
- Who is the dirty talker: Garrett is when he wants to be.
- A head canon: They both love each other but until a certain bad guy is caught they will not be able to move forward in their relationship.
10. Does your character feel more comfortable with more clothing, or with less clothing?
He’s a swimmer so the fewer clothes he has on the better. It allows him to glide through the water quicker and safer. He hasn’t ever gone skinny dipping though. He isn’t adverse to the idea he just hasn’t had the opportunity or the right person to do it with.
18. Is your character more likely to admire wisdom, or ambition in others?
Ambition is fine but it’s not something he feels is absolutely necessary. Wisdom is more important. It can keep a person from leaping into action without thinking. Sometimes he wonders if Verity lacks wisdom as she continues her relentless search to find Kara. He feels it’s an unnecessary risk and one she hasn’t thought through. It’s the one thing that causes friction in their relationship.
1. He disliked school. Until high school he put minimal effort into studying despite being capable of doing the work.
2. Despite his lackadaisical attitude towards academics he was looking forward to graduation. He missed it due to being in the hospital.
3. He loves the water. He has been on the swim team since middle school and has led his team into winning many swim competitions.
4. Instead of going to college he was planning on joining the coast guards and becoming part of the search and rescue unit.
5. He’s the grandson of my all time favorite sim Gene Bennett.